Activity for First Half of Program
You will need to work with the providers that were assigned to your group for the Friday presentation as well as the other two teams in your Session/Cluster.
The goal is to develop consents and protocols that will be needed by the practice you were assigned to.
As a group, you will develop 2 deliverables (see table below for the assignments for your groups):
- a consent, consent protocol, or a patient information guide that will be needed for the telehealth program you presented on Friday
- a telehealth delivery protocol that will assist with the delivery of the telehealth program
Consent/Consent Protocol Instructions: Each team is assigned to develop one of the following (see table above for assigned deliverable):
- a protocol on obtaining consent.
- a consent for the practice. Be sure to include a statement that provider should refer to the consent and re-establish verbal consent at the start of the telehealth visit:
- Patient Information protocol that will be sent to patients to prepare them for the visit ( when the visit will occur, how they will connect, the consent must be returned prior to the visit, what to do if the connection is broken, etc)
Protocol Instructions: Each team will develop a protocol that will be needed by the practice. See the different protocols listed above under readings. See the table above for the assigned protocol. The three protocol should include:
- Handling emergencies that occur during the visit
- The roles and responsibilities of personnel in establishing the visit with the patient. This should include each step for establishing the visit. (How the patient contacts the practice, who takes the call, how they are scheduled, who sets up the room, etc.)
- Protocol for conducting/providing a telehealth visit to address a specific healthcare issue (include what happens if the connection is poor or broken, how reimbursement will change if it becomes a phone call visit, etc)
Please submit the two deliverables your team develops under the Groups Assignments area. Also, send copies of the deliverables to the faculty you were assigned to.
Be sure to put your group number on the deliverables.