Final Virtual Telehealth Experience
As part of “Telehealth Certification for Providers and Educators,” you will have an opportunity to practice your telehealth skills by participating in a virtual telehealth visit with a Standardized Patient. Please click on the link below to view which Standardized Patient you are assigned to then proceed to schedule an appointment.
Find Your Standardized Patient
Schedule an Appointment
You will be expected to provide a telehealth visit where you serve as the provider.
- Your assessment will last 15 minutes.
- You will be assessed by the standardized patient on:
- Your telehealth etiquette (See Checklist on etiquette under module 7)
- How well you conduct the assessment (See physical assessment videos under module 8)
- You will receive feedback from the standardized patient
- You will be sent a follow-up scorecard with link to the recorded session.
You will be expected to provide a telehealth visit where you serve as the provider. Specific instructions based on your professions:
Those Assigned to Avery Marks (Mental Health/suicidal)
- You will be obtaining an assessment on a patient with anxiety/suicidal ideation (Please click on the Mental Health Case (Avery Marks) on the standardized patient platform – see link above)
- In preparation for this encounter, please review the videos on telehealth etiquette (module 7) and the 2 videos on conducting a mental health visit (module 8)
- Please use only one of the assessment tools (PHQ-9, GAD, or Suicidal Assessment Survey) during the encounter (module 8)
- Please review the checklist on “Conducting a Mental Health Visit” checklist (see below)
Those Assigned to Alex Febbins (Abdominal Pain)
- You will complete a history and physical on a patient with abdominal pain. (please click on the abdominal case (Alex Febbins) on the standardized patient platform – see link above)
- In preparation for this encounter, please review the videos on telehealth etiquette (module 7) and conducting a physical exam “abdominal exam video” (module 8)
- Please review the “Telehealth Etiquette” checklist and the “Telehealth Exam/Education Rubric” (see below)