Final Virtual Telehealth Experience
As part of “Telehealth Certification for Providers and Educators,” you will have an opportunity to practice your telehealth skills by participating in a virtual telehealth visit with a Standardized Patient. Please click on the link below to view which Standardized Patient you are assigned to then proceed to schedule an appointment.
You will be expected to provide a telehealth visit where you serve as the provider.
- Your assessment will last 15 minutes.
- You will be assessed by the standardized patient on:
- Your telehealth etiquette (See Checklist on etiquette under module 7)
- How well you conduct the assessment (See physical assessment videos under module 8)
- You will receive feedback from the standardized patient
- You will be sent a follow-up scorecard with link to the recorded session.
You will be expected to provide a telehealth visit where you serve as the provider. Specific instructions based on your professions:
Those Assigned to Avery Marks (Mental Health/suicidal)
- You will be obtaining an assessment on a patient with anxiety/suicidal ideation (Please click on the Mental Health Case (Avery Marks) on the standardized patient platform – see link above)
- In preparation for this encounter, please review the videos on telehealth etiquette (module 7) and the 2 videos on conducting a mental health visit (module 8)
- Please use only one of the assessment tools (PHQ-9, GAD, or Suicidal Assessment Survey) during the encounter (module 8)
- Please review the checklist on “Conducting a Mental Health Visit” checklist (see below)
Those Assigned to Alex Febbins (Abdominal Pain)
- You will complete a history and physical on a patient with abdominal pain. (please click on the abdominal case (Alex Febbins) on the standardized patient platform – see link above)
- In preparation for this encounter, please review the videos on telehealth etiquette (module 7) and conducting a physical exam “abdominal exam video” (module 8)
- Please review the “Telehealth Etiquette” checklist and the “Telehealth Exam/Education Rubric” (see below)